1) When can you over take on the left ?
When the driver in front is turning right,when you intend to turn left,when the vehicle in the lane on yor right are moving slower.
2) At an uncontrolled junction of equal importance to whom should you give way ?
Traffic on the right and traffic already turning.
3) At a stop sign that has no white line,where should you stop ?
At the stop sign.
4) What position would you take up for a right turn in a one way street ?
The extreme right lane.
5) How would you turn right on a main road?
Mirror and signal and then move into the right hand lane when clear,keeping left of the white line
in the centre of the road.When a safe gap occurs,complete your turn,never cut corners and give
way to pedestrians.
6) How would you know a zebra crossing at night?
By yellow flashing beacons.
7) What does the island in the centre of a pedestrian crossing mean?
Each side of the island is a seperate crossing .
8) What restrictions are there in relation to use of the horn?
It must not be used between the hours of 11.30pm and 7.00am in a built up area exept an
9) When driving at night when should you dip your headlights?
a) When metting on coming traffic
b) When following close behind another vehicle
c) On countinuously lit roads
d) In snow,fog,dusk/dawn
10) What should you do if dazzled by night of an oncoming car?
Slow down and stop if necessary.
11) What is a clearway?
Stopping or parking is prohibited (exept by buses and taxis) for the period indicated on the sign
12) What does a broken yellow line mean?
A broken yellow line marks the edge of the road.
13) What does a single yellow line mean?
No parking at certain times.
14) What is the legal parking distance from the kerb?
Half a meter.
15) How close to a junction can you park?
16) Where should you not park?
Near a bend
the brow of a hill
a hump back bridge
a continous white line
where your vehicle would obstruct a sign
at an entrance
at bus stop
opposite another vehicle
on a narrow road or Taxi rank
17) Where should you not overtake?
At a bend
the brow of a hill
a hump back bridge
at a continous white line or anywhere you view of oncoming traffic is restricted.
18) What is the two second rule?
Stay two seconds behind the car in front.Use a stationary object on the road,start counting
when the car in front passes the object and you should pass after counting two seconds.
19) If you saw a red triangle on the road what would it mean?
That there is an obstruction on the road ahead.
20) What is the sequence of traffic lights?
21) At a junction when traffic lights are not working to who would you give way?
Traffic on the right.
22) What does an green light mean?
Go provided junction is clear.
23) What does amber light mean?
Stop unless you are to close to stop safely.
24) Name three people in authority for whom you must stop?
or a person in charge of animals.
25) If you are entering a one-way-street at the no entry end,what road markings would you see?
A continouis white line with a broken white line behind it.
26) When can you cross a continouis white line?
To avoid an obstruction
or if there is a broken white line on your side of the road.
27) What is the speed limit on national primary roads?
What is the motorway speed limit?
What is the minimum legal tyre depth?
28) What rules apply to a junction box?
You cannnot enter unless your way ahead is clear with the excetion of turning right,you can
enter and wait in the box if you are not obstructing other traffic.
29) If there are two sets of white lines in the centre of the road,one continouis,one broken,which
would you obey?
You obey the line on your side of the road.
30) What do two sets of broken white lines in the centre of the road mean?
There will be one or two continouis white lines ahead.
31) What does a broken white line in the centre of the road mean?
you may over take if safe to do so.
32) What do white horizontal lines in the centre of the road mean?
You use them like a traffic island you dont enter.